Saturday, September 12, 2009

K2H4 RUN1746 11Sept09


K2H4 Run1746 11Sept09 Kg. Dambai Off Kionsom Rd., Inanam
==========================================
Tucked inside Kg. Dambai about 1km off Kionsom Rd, the run-site was a secret enclave known only to K2H4 as the property belongs to On-Sex Ricky Lee’ uncle. Parking space was very limited but somehow every car seemed to had been parked neatly. Exactly 5pm GM Simon Tsen flagged us off towards the hill that acted as natural fence for the property. I was trailing behind Teddy Bear then later broke off from the group and jogged towards the dirt-road up to a small hill.

Haze was still not contained as it seemed to envelope the heavens and hopefully heavy rain would help to clear the sky. There were already FRB’s & ESB’s down the valley when I hit the open field on top of that hill. The whole stretch of the valley had been cleared either just to collect the earth for filling or to build a big hotel in that property. Anyway, the distance to reach the other side of the hill was about 1km and I just wonder how the hare manage to cross to the other side under the heat of the sun. Passing more ESB’s, I was now running side by side with William & Marboro while AhKaw decided to take it slowly.

Going inside the bushes and crawling under the ornate twisted vines & thorns, I was able to catch up with nt-Bernadette & Robert as they used all parts of their body to reach the top of the ridge. I also used both feet to balance on the huge vine while clinging to the firm tree on top of me at the same time grabbed any protruding roots to anchor my weight. One needed dexterous hands & limber body to squeeze into the crevice, otherwise thorns from wayward rattan vine & spiky palm trees could easily nip you. Once that hurdle was cleared, it was a continuous climb for the next 100mtrs.

While the intermittent terraces along the skirt of the hill gave us short reprieve, it was nevertheless steep. I thought when we hit the open space, it would be a long run going down, instead the paper continued to bring us farther up. I lost tract of the vegetation but it seemed, we were running inside the rubber plantation then out again to fern-infested hillock. Another 20mtrs up and we were out of the open, this time it was really the summit of the hill where the ridge was flat and had a good terrain for running.

Taking advantage of the flat ground on top of the ridge, I was able to overtake Steven & Dreamy Eyes. And just before the slope started to descend I passed by Ben-G walking alone. It was a good run down as well eventho’ the slope wasn’t even. We just passed that killer hill, but it wasn’t really challenging. After negotiating short curves plus a bit of skipping here & there, I could hear already murmuring from the house below. Soon enough, I was out but was surprise to see those people I overtook earlier on was already sipping coffee, while others were already into a couple of deals with playing cards.

Later on I found out there was a shorter way to go down from the first part of the hill before going into the fern area. No wonder nt-Bernadette & Robert were already sitting down munching some tidbits. It took me less than 30mins to finish the run. Hopefully next run would be tougher than this run. ON-ON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment